Monday, May 5, 2014

Just a little out of the middle of nowhere

Aloha from Harrah, OK!! (BTW that's pronounced hair-uh, not "Hurrah for Israel!")
 
Man it's just been a CRAZY couple of days since transfers on Wednesday! I got my brand new greenie, Sister Peterson, and she's AMAZING and super ready to go out and baptize the world!! It's awesome! Unfortunately it's been a little slow going because we don't know anybody and so we're trying to meet people, but things are starting to pick up. The ward is AMAZING, and our first day here we met with the bishop and he gave us a ton of things to do! Yes! Then we met the Relief Society President and she also gave us things to do! Double yes!! The ward members are just excited to have sisters and they want to help us out in any way they can. It's gonna be a transfer of miracles!
 
So Harrah and Choctaw make up the Choctaw ward. Harrah is about half the population of Weatherford, but probably about double the area because unlike Weatherford there's really no town, just grids of farmland. Basically almost everyone has 3 or more acres of land and the houses are much bigger than I'm used to. It's also covered in trees, which is a change from the semi-desert that is Western Oklahoma. It's basically amazing and totally different from any other area I've served!
 
Let's see... I'm not really sure what else to report on since most of the last couple of days was meeting people and those names would mean absolutely nothing to you anyway.
 
Here's some pictures from my last P-Day in good ol' Weatherford!

At the Route 66 Museum in Clinton with the district

Making corn tortillas with my favorite Guatemalans!

Don't ever let an Elder touch your camera... you'll get a million of these. (*coughcough* Sam *coughcough*)


Also this morning I was studying a bit about faith in Preach My Gospel, and this sentence really stuck out to me, "having faith in Jesus Christ includes having a firm belief that He is the Only Begotten Son of God and the Savior and Redeemer of the world... we know that He has the power to keep His promises". That really hit me. The Savior has promised us a LOT of things! How much confidence to we have in Him that He can and will keep them? Or do we try to do things on our own and deny what He can do? Just some interesting things to ponder on.
 
I love you all! Hope you have a wonderful week and I can't wait to see my lovely family next Sunday!!
 
Love,
Sister Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment