Thursday, May 22, 2014

Adventures in Englishland!!

Aloha!
 
This week was a great week! Well it wasn't all great... The other day we were out knocking a bit and we came upon this house--Well to preface a little bit, I am determined to find the Hispanics in the area. They have to be here!--Anyways this house had a flag on it that said "mi casa su casa". Of course my Spanish senses started tingling and I got really excited and made a beeline for the house. I knocked on the door.... white guy. (He also wasn't interested) Oh well. I'm still positive that there are Hispanics out here!
 
But here are our super amazing miracles from the week:
 
#1: On Thursday, we went and visited this couple that hasn't come to church for about 20 years. Usually we aren't this up front, but we asked them "what's been holding you back from coming to church?" Well the wife was surprised but happy that we asked and she brought up some concerns which we were able to resolve then bore testimony about the blessings of coming to church. It was a powerful spiritual experience, but the best part is that THEY CAME TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Milagro!!!
 
#2: On the same day as the fake Hispanic guy we had just eaten dinner, our somewhat appointment fell through, and we didn't know what to do and didn't really want to tract anymore. So as we were sitting in the car trying to decide we get a text from a lady in the ward who gave us the name of this other lady, Sister Colett, and told us to go visit her ASAP. Well we didn't have anything better to do so we go over to her house, and she is so happy to see us. It turns out that she's a member who was going to the Shawnee ward (one town east) even after she moved to Harrah, but her bishop had recommended that she go to the Choctaw ward because it was close and whatnot. Well her records never got switched over so she ended up getting lost for a little bit until she met one of the members at the dollar store! We talked with her for a while and got the elder's quorum to come help her move some stuff and her records should be in our ward soon! It was a wonderful experience in ministering and being able to feel Christ's love for this wonderful sister who had wandered off a bit and needed some love.
 
We have been trying to find investigators (of course) but for now we're teaching a couple of people that the elders were teaching and this part member family who has 2 daughters and a husband who are nonmembers. So far the daughters are on board with getting baptized, but the husband is not as enthusiastic. We still feel strongly that it will happen for him though!
 
Ok, ready for some spiritual food? One benefit of training is we get an hour a week so Sis. Peterson can do her online training and I can watch random videos and stuff on lds.org. It's pretty much the best. Here's some that I found this week:
 
 
They both remind me of what my purpose really is out here. It's to help people come unto Christ. That's all there is to it. Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Leader, my Teacher, and my Friend. Ultimately, my desire is that all will come unto Him and experience the same joy that He has given me in my life. That is my purpose.
 
In the words of Ammon, the great missionary:
 
"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, say unto you, there never weremen that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea,and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has allpower, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things,and he is merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repentand believe on his name.
 Now if this is boasting, even so will boast; for this is my life and my light,my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea,blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, whoare branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in astrange land; yea, say, blessed be the name of my God, who has beenmindful of us, wanderers in strange land.
 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoeverland they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels ofmercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving;yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

~Hermana Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment