Monday, March 24, 2014

6 Months What???? (March 17, 2014)

So tomorrow I hit my 6 month mark. I really can't believe it. I feel like I got here and also like I've been here forever. Pretty much in the same moment. Going on a mission is so weird!! Also I'm feeling really scatterbrained and squirrely (and eating a plate of delicious Southern food) right now so if this email makes no sense I blame it on that. 

First I would like to talk a little more about another reason why missionaries are so awkward. We pretty much have a unique sense of humor that nobody else understands yet we find to be so hilarious. Example: on Monday we had a zone P-day and part of that included playing Mafia all together (if you don't know what Mafia is you can look it up on the Google machine). Instead of just doing normal narrations the elder that was narrating decided that he would turn it into Book of Mormon. Basically, the Mafia became the Gadianton robbers, the angel was the Angel Gabriel, and the detective was Captain Moroni. WeLOVED it. It was like the funniest thing ever! 

Also, we really love to quote the Testaments (is the place of records far???), The Restoration (beware of pride boy. Your eternal soul is at stake!) and Finding Faith in Christ (Paz, calmaos). It's even better in Spanish (yo lo VI Jonas! yo lo VI!!!!) because the dubbed voices are really ridiculous. I realize that once I get home I really can't quote them anymore because nobody knows what I'm talking about... Sad day.

Here's some pictures!



We went to dinner with a family and made the most loaded pizzas I've ever seen in my life! They were delicious.


Jessica is a member that is preparing to go on a mission so she works with us a lot. She also crocheted me a panda pirate! His name is Raul.



Finally, Erin made her own pillow pet! She put her dog inside of a pillow, but it's the same idea.

Anyways something amazing that happened this week was that one of our investigators (the one that we helped move) called us and said that it was too much hassle to come all the way to Clinton from Thomas for church so she'd just go to a local church in Thomas instead. Naturally, we were pretty sad. We were pretty prepared to drop her when we heard from her again. She said that she'd prayed about it and gotten an answer that this is the true church so she was going to do all that she could to do to come to this one! It was so great! It was great to see that she had enough real intent to find out her answer by herself. It was just a testimony to me that we can't change people, only the Spirit can do that, and and our investigators always have their agency to change or not.

I think that's all I got this week. Sorry it wasn't all that profound, but I hope you liked it! I love you all!

~Hermana Holloway

This new Mormon message is great! Be nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment