Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Snowed in

ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAA!!!!!

I was really racking my brains to think of a witty way to start this email, but I have absolutely NOTHING. So just pretend my greeting was a lot more witty than it usually is :).

This week has been pretty crazy! The weather has especially been crazy, and people's reactions to the weather has been the craziest! If it ever snows in Oklahoma, cars get grounded, people refuse to set foot outside, and church gets cancelled until it all melts. And with no plows and no salt that usually takes a little while. So let's just say that this Chicago girl was less than pleased with people's reactions and Heavenly Father has been teaching me a lot of patience lately. It's funny how He always does that right when I think I've got it down. :)

But other than that this week really was great. I went to the dentist again, we searched for some more service opportunities in the community, we had some lessons with our investigators, and we had some good exchanges with our sisters and even found a pretty cool man in the snow that wanted a Book of Mormon! We gave him one of course.

And speaking of the Book of Mormon, and zone conference this week my mission president based one of his trainings off of this talk by President Benson and committed us all to carry a Book of Mormon in our hands wherever we go and track how many we give away. I haven't got into the habit yet, but hopefully it will help some of the finding problems we are having! I'm really excited to see how it goes!

Anyways, I think that those are the most exciting things going on right now. Love you all and have a great week!

LOVE,
Sister Holloway

PS: Sorry for all of you that have sent me personal emails or letters that I have not yet responded to. It's not that I don't love you, it's just that our car broke so my email time was reduced by a substantial amount. I'll make an extra special effort next week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment