Monday, February 16, 2015

Dentists and boonies and my dying companion

ALOOOOOOOHA everybody!!

I hope you all had a great week! Ours was pretty crazy, but I know my last email didn't really give you any news so I'll try to be a little better about giving you more info.

This week I went in for a root canal and came out of it quite loopy. Sister Stokes is a mad genius so she had me record a video of myself describing my experiences to show to the elders while we were driving back. It's pretty hilarious, but too big to email. So I guess that's something you'll have to enjoy after I get back. Apparently we went to the zone leader's apartment to drop something off and I said some pretty funny things, including calling an Elder Wheelwright Elder WheelWRONG. Then I came home and crashed for about 5 hours and woke up when it was time to go to bed! On the upside, Sis. Stokes got the chance to pack while I slept and the next day I felt like I had more energy than I've ever had before!

Speaking of Sister Stokes, she goes home this week! I'm going to miss her a ton!! My new companion is named Sis. Boulter, and I was actually her STL when I was in the Village, back when she was a brand new missionary. I'm really excited to work with her. She's super hardworking and enthusiastic. 

Also Trey got baptized!! Hayden is going to need a little more care teaching before he knows it's true but I'm sure that he'll get baptized soon. He was baptized with 2 of the elder's investigators so we had 3 baptisms for our ward! It was pretty amazing and extremely well attended. We probably could have moved to the chapel if we'd wanted. President Walkenhorst even came and said a few words. It was a great baptism.



Then we got to go on exchanges in Ada and we had a triple funeral with the three missionaries that were there that are going home. 



And we also got to go to the temple with the Pauls Valley zone, and that was just heavenly!

Overall, life is good. We're teaching a lot of amazing and prepared people. I'm excited for this next transfer of miracles!

I love you all! P. W. shared this scripture at the baptism on Saturday: 

For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.

The most important thing is Christ. He lives and He loves us. He wants us to place Him at the forefront of our lives, and if we do so He will bless and protect us. 

Have a great week!


~Hna. Holloway

No comments:

Post a Comment