Tuesday, September 16, 2014

When it Rains it Pours

ALOHA family and friends!
 
This week has been full of many many miracles, of course! :)
 
First of all, remember April? Well we ended up meeting with her Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. We taught the Doctrine of Christ and the word of wisdom because literally her only vice is that she drinks coffee. Or, I should say, she DID drink coffee because she hasn't been drinking it all week! Huzzah! We also invited her to come to the Relief Society social that we had on Thursday, and she came and loved it. She can't come to church until next month, but as soon as she comes 3 times I'm sure she'll get baptized. She's just so amazing.
 
Another random story that's related: so last Saturday we were in these apartments and we stopped and talked to this lady on the street. We asked if we could give her a card, and she took like 5 so she could put some in her office and give them to people. We also causally invited her to the RS activity and got her phone number. This happened in all of like 5 minutes. The day before the activity we called her and she said she'd be there, but we didn't think she would. To our great surprise, she actually came and loved it!
 
We also had a great lesson with Angie, and she's working towards October 11th and moving to her own apartment.
 
Then we went on exchanges with the OKC 3rd sisters, and I went with Sis. Boulter again. It was great to see how we've both progressed in the last 6 weeks. I definitely learned more from her than she did from me!
 
I've been learning a lot from the Spirit about patience. In Alma 17:11 it says:
 
Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient‍ in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples‍ unto them in me, and will make aninstrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.
 
I noticed that it points out that a prerequisite to being an instrument in God's hands (or in obtaining any righteous desire) is to be patient and long-suffering through trials or afflictions. By extension, every time we are going through some trial, we know that there is a lesson to be learned or a blessing to be earned. God does not want us to suffer needlessly. Everything we do on this earth refines and perfects us and gives us a portion of God's character. Submitting our will to His makes His will our own and His character our own. I'm sure I've expressed similar ideas in previous emails, but this is a point that has been reemphasized many times over the course of my mission. I think we are prone to forget God's lessons, and repetition is often the way we need to learn. :)
 
I love you all! I hope you have a miracle-filled week.
 
Jesus loves you!
 
~Hermana Holloway
 
Awesome quote:


No comments:

Post a Comment