Monday, June 9, 2014

I don't know WHY I am so happy :)

Dear everyone,
 
So funny story, I responded to all my emails, wrote to President Walkenhorst, and then started writing a letter while waiting for everyone else to finish when I realized that I hadn't even sent out my main email! Good thing that I remembered or y'all would've gotten nothing.
 
Anyways this week was super fantastic. There are LOTS AND LOTS of good things going on over here in Choctaw! We had an awesome lesson with the Jones family, and Odessa and Tana came to church with their family totally unexpectedly! We have a lesson planned for them tonight and we're going to commit them to GO TO THE TEMPLE so that they can be sealed and be a family forever and ever and ever.
 
We've also been going over to Sis. Collett's house a lot. She's just amazing. I just love going over there and ministering to her and in turn have my faith and testimony built. That's why we NEED each other as members of the church. Because we grow in more ways when we gather together than when we just remain separate.
 
Yesterday was transfer calls again. I'm staying here for another 6 weeks and another Spanish elder is getting transferred to this ward. So this ward will be half Spanish missionaries :). We're taking over! Por lo menos tendria alguien con quien pueda hablar espanol!
 
So yeah. I have two overwhelming feelings from this week: exhaustion and pure happiness. This week totally kicked my fanny, but I am truly finding that there is no greater joy than the work of the Lord I know I've quoted this a few times, but I think that I understand it better now than I did before:
 
Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, say unto you, there never were men  that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and myjoy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all powerall‍ wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is merciful‍ Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
Now if this is boastingeven so will boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are branch‍ ofthe tree of Israel, and has been lost‍ from its body in strange land; yea, say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers‍ in astrange land.
Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful‍ of every peoplewhatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen. -Alma 26:35-37
Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to say. I love you all and I'm grateful for your constant love and support as well as your efforts to do missionary work.
Love,
Hermana Holloway
PS: District Picture! Only Sis. Chevalier (2nd from left on top row) is leaving. Pres. W. doesn't really believe in moving people around very much.


PPS: here's the talk for the week. It's about TRUTH. Watch/listen/read and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment