Monday, September 23, 2013

Drop-off at the MTC and Her First Email

So, all future posts on the blog will probably be by me, Bethani's mom, affectionately called Mamie or Zillie by Bethani. You'll have to ask her where she came up with Zillie when she returns. I am posting from her computer so it will probably say the posts are by Bethani for a while until I take the time to figure out how to change that.

We dropped Bethani off at the MTC at 8:05 a.m. on Wednesday, September 18th. I thought it was going to be fairly easy. It was not. I don't know why I cried as much as I did, after all she has been at college in Hawaii for nearly a year straight (I blame my dad, who is very good at tears). She was SO ready to go. Like "bye mom and dad, I'm good, you can leave." She is excited to serve the Lord and the people of Oklahoma City and I am excited for her and my tears have stopped.

We received an email two days later (on Friday) much to my surprise and excitement. Here are the contents:

Familia,

The Zone Leaders let me send you a short note letting you know that everything is going well! I'm doing great and will email you more on P-Day, which will be Tuesday.

Te amo!

Hermana Holloway

Short, sweet and awesome! We should hear from her tomorrow!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment