Monday, August 11, 2014

So much to do, so little time!

ALOHA EVERYONE!!
 
This week has been crazy and busy and tons of fun. We've gone to meeting given trainings and gone on exchanges and taught investigators and talked to people and studied and gone to church and knocked on doors and prepared lessons and basically just done everything that keeps a missionary happy. Here's some of the highlights:
 
We had another good lesson with Comesha and Elijah and Tiesha. We taught them the 10 commandments, and I was a little surprised because they didn't know them. I guess I've always taken them for granted because I didn't realize that there were people who had no idea what they contained (silly, I know. But it just never occurred to me!). They're such a foundation for everything we should be doing morally. If people would just live the 10 commandments the world would be a much better place. Anyways, that lesson went well and we committed them to come to church, which they did not do because they had a party. Boo lame excuse! They'll be there this week though!
 
Josie, this autistic girl that we're teaching, has been progressing really well. It's hard for her to comprehend a lot of things, but at our last lesson she was paying attention really well and was really into it. It's been pretty great because Sis. Adair has experience in Special Ed teaching so she knows how to connect with them.
 
We taught this new guy named Landon that we met on the street about 2 weeks ago. He grew up in the church of Christ and is pretty rooted in that faith, but he's also really open and interested in what we have to say. We were able to have a good discussion about the Restoration and he wants to find out more!
 
And then Angie, the lady that we brought to church last week committed to be baptized on Sept. 6th! Our lesson with her was FANTASTIC and we found a member that she connected with really well. She's also really receptive to the Spirit which helps a lot. Unfortunately she got sick so our lesson on Saturday didn't work out and she also wasn't able to come to church but we'll get her soon!
 
We gave a training at a STM in the OKC zone (one of the 2 zones we covered and my old zone when I was in Weatherford). It was about our commission as missionaries and I learned a lot and mostly it just motivated me to be better and keep working hard until the end of my mission. It is hard to stay focused sometimes, but the Lord is patient and gives me many opportunities to refocus. We get to give another training on Wednesday (this time for the Quail Creek zone) about personal conversion. Should be fun!
 
Pretty much life has been CRAZY lately. Between juggling our leadership responsibilities and our area and trying to use time and miles wisely it's been a great balancing act. We have a bunch of balls (representing people) that we're trying to keep in the air without letting any of them fall. It's a LOT of work and responsibility, and we honestly can't do it alone. That's where the members come in. We can give them a couple of the balls to work with, and as we get more and more members involved we can juggle more and more balls until we've baptized the world! Easy enough, right?
 
Our new ward mission leader, Bro. Cease, gave a super powerful talk about this on Sunday. He has a son on a mission, and he says that he always reminds his son to be the missionary that his mom thinks he is. One day his son gave it back and said, "Dad, make sure you're being the missionary that Heavenly Father wants you to be". I took both of those to heart. Am I really being the missionary that my mom thinks I am? More importantly, am I being the missionary that Heavenly Father wants me to be? When I'm held accountable will I be pleased with what I've done? What prevents me from being the best that I can be? Fear? Doubt? Weakness? Laziness? What can I do to better rely on the Lord to turn these weaknesses into strengths?
 
The church is true, the book is blue, and GOD LOVES YOU! And so do I! So just keep on trucking every last one of you and never be complacent where you are. Keep moving, keep improving, because the purpose of our lives is progressive sanctification.
 
HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK!
 
~Hermana Holloway
 
Pictures:
1. Our trip to the zoo last P-day. I got to feed a giraffe!
 
2. Clouds. Oklahoma has the best clouds :)
 
3. Our "tree" growing in our "backyard"
 




No comments:

Post a Comment