Thursday, October 24, 2013


Before we begin, I would like to take a moment of silence and appreciate this Oklahoma sunset, as seen from my favorite trailer park:



Everyone ready?

ALOOOOOOOOOHA!!!! And HOLA and HOWDY Y'ALL!!!

How's everyone doing? I'm doing just great. Actually I'm doing AMAZING! Wanna know why? Because I had an AMAZING week! I mean, they're all amazing but I'm pretty sure they're just getting more amazing.

So first of all I'd just like to thank everyone who sent me mail this week. You have no idea how much getting mail can make a missionary's day. My compa and I spend all day saying to each other "we might get mail today!" and when there's mail in the mail box the day just gets 1000000% better! So basically just keep it coming. I'm going to try my hardest to answer all the letters I got but if I don't respond for a while it's not because I don't love you. And if I never respond then it means I don't love you :). But I love you all so that won't happen. Also, I did get one package from my amazing mother from Amazon that had food!! YES! Just a reminder, though, that if you send it via Amazon then the office can't forward it so I have to wait until someone from my zone is kind enough to pick it up for me unless I happen to go to OKC. That's not usually a problem unless it's something that I need urgently.

Alright now on to the good stuff. WE GOT 4 NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK!!! The first two I'm the most excited about. So my compa and I were knocking doors in this trailer park and we were kind of sick of this trailer park because a lot of the potentials from there have been pretty flaky. So after going around and finding out that nobody was home for a while we decided to try one last door before we were gonna give up and go somewhere else. We offered to pray with Edna (the woman who opened the door) and she let us right in and offered to feed us after knowing for all of 5 seconds. Good sign. Then after the prayer we told her that we had an important message and could we please come back and share it with her? She wasn't having that. She wanted us to teach her RIGHT THEN. So we taught her the restoration with her daughter and they were crying and the Spirit was so strong and she accepted baptism!!! It was so amazing!! We were going to teach her again on Friday but her car broke or something (it's really hard to understand people speaking Spanish on the phone) so our return appointment is on Wednesday. I really hope that nothing happens that would drive her away from the church because she and her daughter both seem super solid! Prayers on her behalf would be appreciated.

Our next new investigator is another trailer park find named Mario. He's Catholic so I'm not sure if he'll be as accepting of the Evangelio (Gospel) but he really loves his family so Sis. C and I want to go back and talk to him about how the gospel can bless his family.

The final investigator this week is also named Mario and he's a brother to Omar and Berto. We went back to the Santos trailer to teach Omar and Berto but it ended up being Omar and Mario. It was a good lesson though. We read part of 3 Nephi 11 and Sister Santos and Hugo (the Santos's son who's in his 20s) both bore powerful testimonies about the Book of Mormon. Member present lessons are the best!! Go out with the missionaries to teach! They need your testimonies! Omar and Hugh are also both hilarious. Hugo especially is just a big goofball. His sense of humor is kind of like Sam's actually. At one point he went into the kitchen and came out with an apron to kill a fly because he forgot that he already had the flyswatter out then later put on the apron, danced a little hula, and told us all that he's going to bake a cake for us. He's basically an older Mexican version of Sam. The best is that he's only 22 but is already in the branch presidency. This Sunday he was conducting and asked me to pray from the pulpit but he either didn't remember my last name or can't pronounce it because he definitely said "La Hermana Halloween dará la oración". Classic. Oh and he asked both me and my compa to speak this next Sunday. Great. We get to go to their house tonight for Noche de Hogar (FHE) so that should be fun! The Santos family is pretty much the best.

Love you all! Keep living, laughing, loving, praying, sharing, and testifying!! Member missionary work is where it's at!! Give out those referrals!!

Con amor,

Hermana Holloway



No comments:

Post a Comment